Move over pricey stinky playdough! I know that the store bought store says "non-toxic", but I don't know what the heck is in there. And the smell turns my stomach. DIY playdough is not only super soft and cheap to make, but is non-toxic and safe (in case you have that kid, like me, who eats everything). You can even customize the scent to your liking. Best of all, you probably already have all the ingredients right there in your own home.
You will need:
- 1 cup of flour (affiliate link)
- 1/3 cup of salt (affiliate link )
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar (affiliate link )
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (affiliate link )
- 4-8 drops Young Living Lavender essential oil (or scent of choice). Contact me for more info on Young Living oils.
- 1 cup water
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and stir. Heat over med-high heat until the playdough thickens up a bit. This should just take a few minutes. Take off of stove and let cool. Knead in your essential oil. This recipe will make enough to fill a 16oz jar.
Using the affiliate links in this blog to make purchases helps support my site. Thank you in advance!